How to set up D-Link Router ?
There are several routers produced by D-Link. D-Link Routers are a powerful and affordable wireless networking device. They come with advanced beamforming technology that delivers beams of bandwidth where you need it the most. The D-link routers provide the best technology innovations which suit the need of users. With the advent of technology, d-link routers are easy to set up and install with the d-link router web address dlinkrouter.local. D-Link has made it easy for the users to access the d-link router configuration page. The web based utility method gives you the ability to customize your d-link router settings. Here we’ll discuss how to configure the dlink router via dlinkrouter.local address.
D-Link Router Setup
Connect your wireless devices to the dlink router’s network and access the multiple devices at the same time. D-Link router comes with a user-friendly interface and have the numerous number of advanced features. You can access these features only by logging into the dlink router setup page. In the next section, we will discuss some important steps to access the dlinkrouter.local login page:
- Connect your D-link Router to the computer with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the modem to the D-Link router via an Ethernet cable.
- After making the connection, power on both the dlink device and the computer device.
- Now, open the desired web browser on the computer. Type the d-link default web address dlinkrouter.local in the address bar of the computer to access the dlink router login page.
- When a login screen appears, enter the default username and password. Click ‘Login’ to proceed to the next step.
Connecting D-Link router to access Dlinkrouter.local
Here are the steps to set up the Dlink DIR Wireless Router
Step 1: Power off the modem. Unplug the power adapter from the power source.
Step 2: Now, connect the D-Link router to the modem with an Ethernet cable.
Step 3: Attach the Ethernet cable from the WAN port on the D-Link router to the modem.
Step 4: Use another Ethernet cable to connect the computer with the D-Link router. Connect the cable from the computer’s internet port to the Ethernet port placed on the back of the router.
Step 5: Next, switch on the Power supply button of the D-link router. Plug in the power adapter to the wall socket and then wait for the router to boot up.
Step 6: Turn on the computer.
Steps to access Dlink Router Setup Wizard
Once you access the Dlinkrouter.local page, it allow you to access dlink router setup wizard or dlink setup wizard. After you complete the hardware setup, access the D-link router login page by following above steps. Dlink router setup page or dlinkrouter.local can also be accessed via dlink router default IP address. The default IP address of the dlink router is 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1.
Setup wireless network on the Dlink router using Dlinkrouter.local
Step 1: Open the DLink Router Login Page
Open the web browser on your computer and type dlinkrouter.local into the address bar. Login to the D-Link router with the default username and password.
Step 2: Access the D-Link Router Setup Wizard
On the configuration page, you will see the “Setup” option. Click on it and the setup wizard tab appears on the screen. Now, go to the ‘Wireless’ Settings to access the wireless network.
Step 3: Assign the Network name
Enter the name of your wireless network. Keep one thing in mind do not enter any personal information as the wireless name will be visible to everybody.
Step 4: Configure the Security Mode
Click on the ‘Security’ settings and choose the WPA2 for the security mode as it is the most reliable method of wireless transmission.
Step 5: Set up a Strong Password
Keep a strong password for the Dlink router to secure and prevent the home network from serious damage. Make it in the case -sensitive way so that nobody can access it easily. After you change all the settings, save the settings to the network.
Dlink Router Firmware Upgrade
Steps required to update the firmware of the Dlink router.local
You need to update the firmware of the D-Link router to secure your network and enjoy its advanced features. The updated firmware helps to fix the bugs so that you can use the wireless network without any external issues. Here are the steps to update the firmware of your DLink router:
- Open the internet browser on the wireless device and then type the web address of the Dlinkrouter.local in the address bar of the browser. Press Enter.
- You can also access the D-Link router with the default IP address 192.168.0.1.
- Log in with the username and password to the dlink router.
- The configuration page of the Dlink Router appears on the screen.
- Here, you will see the firmware download option. Download the latest firmware of the router model.
- Select the Admin Settings and click on the option ‘Firmware update’. Click on the ‘Browse’ button and then save the file.
- Next, click on ‘Continue’ button to upload the firmware.